Saturday 1 September 2012

Foodie Friday #5 - Yummy Fruit Smoothy

I apologize to all my readers. I've been lacking in the recipe department! Today's recipe, which should have been yesterday's, is a quick and easy way to get some fruit into your kid's diet, and more importantly, that of a busy mom who spends more time making sure her family is well fed. It takes no time to prepare and will be a quick family treat!

Ingredients:

2 cups mixed fruit (I use 1 banana and 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries)
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup milk

Directions:

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and well mixed. Makes about 2 cups.

1 comment:

  1. I have been really into smoothies lately too. :) I find that as long as I have a frozen banana or two, I can put pretty much anything in there & it tastes good. I've tried beets, kale, hemp hearts, spinach along with fruits like strawberry, blueberry & peach. Tossing some kale or spinach in is a great way to get some veggies into my son, as he doesn't seem to like the texture of leafy stuff yet. E & C are old enough that they might be suspicious of the greenish hue it gives the smoothies, however...

    ReplyDelete