Friday 21 December 2012

Foodie Fridays #19 (BONUS) - Chewy Ginger Cookies

Surprise! I love this recipe so much I had to share it before Christmas as a bonus. My kids are the strange ones at the bakery, opting for the ginger molasses cookies instead of the chocolate chip cookies like most other children (and their mother), so I had to come up with a good recipe to make for them. This recipe is the right combination of sweet and chewy, and I have had many compliments from people who receive them as gifts. Enjoy and I wish you happy baking this holiday season!

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cups butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Mix dry ingredients except brown sugar in a bowl, cutting in butter until it resembles brown sugar. Add brown sugar and mix until well combined. Blend in egg and molasses. Roll dough into balls and roll balls in white sugar to coat. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment