Monday 22 October 2012

Foodie Friday #11 - Kid-free time Strawberry Mojitos!

This weekend I had the pleasure of celebrating a friend's birthday by partaking in the forgotten art of a girl's sleepover, complete with the chatting into the wee hours once the lights went out. It was some much needed kid free time, and as my treat to her, I experimented with making some Strawberry Mojitos for the first time. Although I had to substitute limes with RealLime due to my own forgetfulness when picking up the ingredients, it was a huge success, so I'm sharing it with my readers. It may be fall now, but it's never too late for a taste of summer!

Ingredients:

80 mint leaves
4 limes cut into eighths
8 large strawberries
1 cup white sugar
8 cups of ice cubes
1 1/2 cups white rum (375 ml bottle)
4 cups club soda

Directions:

Place mint leaves, 1 lime (in wedges) and 4 strawberries sliced into a pitcher and use a muddler (or a wooden spoon) to crush ingredients to release lime and strawberry juices. and 2 more limes, the rest of the strawberries and the sugar and muddle again. Fill the pitcher almost to the top, pour rum over the ice, them fill with club soda. Stir and add more sugar for taste if needed. Serve with remaining lime wedges.

Makes 1 large pitcher (8 servings)

No comments:

Post a Comment